AcidShield™ is a custom engineered composite repair system with superior chemical compatibility. AcidShield™ is designed for repairing corroded and damaged piping, this ASME PCC-2 4.1,4.2 compliant system uses chemically resistant, bi-directional fabric in conjunction with a proprietary epoxy system to deliver repairs suitable for piping with harsh chemical services, including 98% sulfuric acid at temperatures up to 150°F (66°C).
AcidShield™ is a breakthrough with regard to its compatibility with H2SO4 at 98% concentration as it is the first composite repair system fully tested and proven to be resistant at such a level.
- 98% sulfuric acid lines up to 150°F (66°C)
- Chemical processing lines
- Flare lines
- Blowdown lines
- Compatible with harsh chemicals like sulfuric acid, phosphoric acid, ammonium hydroxide and sodium hydroxide etc.
- Conformable for repairing elbow, tees, nozzles, welds and headers.
- AcidShield™ design conforms to ASME PCC-2, ASME B31, ISO TS 24817, DOT, API, and CSA Z662 standards for nonmetallic reinforcing and repair.
- AcidShield™ eliminates unplanned down time for high-consequence piping
- Extends the life of aging and corroding assets
- No pipe cutting or welding
- Prevents future corrosion
- Qualified and compatible with 98% sulfuric acid up to 150°F (66°C)
Acid Shield™ is a trademark of CSC Operating Company, LLC