The Clock Spring® 8 layers, composite repair sleeve and reinforcement system, designed for high-pressure transmission pipelines.
Made up of a pretensioned unidirectional e-glass composite coil, a high-modulus filler material, and a high lap-shear strength methyl methacrylate adhesive, it is proven to 8,000 psi and has a design life beyond 50 years and installation history of more than thirty years, qualifying it as a permanent repair by regulators.
The Clock Spring sleeve can repair a broad range of mechanical damage and mill defects and can restore to full strength a pipeline with up to 80% wall loss.
- Durable pre-tensioned e-glass fibers
- Sized to fit standard pipe diameters
- Available in 4-inch through 56-inch diameter kits
- Can be installed underwater
- Available in a high-temperature system
- Meets standards of internationally recognized repair codes
- Is a 50-year DOT-accepted repair system for high-pressure transmission pipelines
- Conforms to ASME PCC-2 and ISO 24817
- Installs without disrupting operations
- One hour to backfill from installation
- Enhances short-term and long-term safet
- Marking band system makes repairs
visible to in-line inspection tools
- No environmental hazards
- No special tools to install
- No hot work
- No heavy lifting
Clock Spring is a licensed trademark of NCF Industries, Inc.