The Scar-Guard™ line of products is patented and designed to protect field joint coatings from the abrasion stresses and scarring of directional drilling, HDD and boring. Scar-Guard creates an abrasion resistant, sacrificial outer laminate which protects pre-approved field joint coatings such as epoxies, shrink sleeves, and cold or hot applied tapes. Controlled set times, packaging and extreme conformability provide for fast installations in any project environment. The Scar-Guard line of products minimize the need for costly spot repairs after a pull back and provide long-term protection of underlying field joint coatings.
- Horizontal directional drilling and boring
- Coating protection
- Controlled set time
- Simple, easy to install
- Consistency of application, joint after joint
- Smooth profile reduces damage during pull thru
- No UV light or heating required
- Pre-impregnated, no field mixing or saturation
- Water activated
- Increased bond strength and hardness allows for more adverse soil conditions
- Extended working time for hot climates
- Epoxy can act as primary corrosion coating
||Thickness (per Layer)
||Shore D Hardness
* Working and set times are approximate and were measured at 75°F (24°C).
Surface preparation and profiling shall promote continuous intimate contact between the CFRP system and pipe by providing a clean, smooth, and circumferential surface. Surface preparation shall be in accordance with SSPC-SP1 “Solvent Cleaning” and SSPC-SP10 / NACE 2 “Near White Blast Cleaning” 1-3 mil surface roughness (25-75 microns). If an exist-ing coating is present, roughen to degloss. The composite repair system is a bond -critical composite repair system requiring a strong adhesive bond between the clean pipe and the composite system.
Installation of the composite System shall be performed by NRI qualified applicators only. Surface preparation, mixing of epoxy, and installation of the system are to be in accordance with NRI’s composite Installation Guide, latest revision. Quality control inspection during and after installation of the composite system shall be performed per NRI’s Installation Validation Procedure: Quality Control Records, latest revision.
Store in a cool, shaded area at an ambient temperature of 35ºC.