Syntho-Glass®XT system is a unique pre-saturated, bi-directional composite used to repair and reinforce both internal and external corrosion on pipes or structures. Our factory-saturated ensures proper fiber-to-resin content ratios which are crucial to reliable perfor-mance.
- Pipeline integrity
- Transmission and distribution pipe lines
- Oil and gas risers
- Girth welds on vessels and pipelines
- Straights, elbows, tees, and flanges
- Process piping: chemicals, oil, gases, water, and steam
- Atmospheric corrosion
- Moisture-cured polyurethane resin reduces composite preparation time by over 50%
- Pre-saturation optimizes fiber-to-resin ration and provides a material with a constant strength property
- Can be applied to damp, sweating, or immersed surfaces
- No heating or post-curing required
- Can be applied to any geometry including, but not limited to elbows, Tees, and flanges
- Design conforms to ASME PCC-2, ASME B31, ISO TS24817, DOT, API, and CSA Z662 standards for nonmetallic reinforcing solutions
Syntho-Glass XT is available in sizes ranging from 2” (5cm) to 12” (30cm) in width and 15’ (4.6m) to 90’ (27.4m) in length. Typically ships in 17” x 15” x 14” boxes (43cm x 38cm x 36cm)
Refer to individual data sheets for system components’ product packaging
Application temperature: minimum of 40˚F (4˚C) and maximum of 150˚ (90˚C)
30 minutes @ 75˚F (24˚C), less at higher temperatures
Surface preparation and profiling shall promote continuous intimate contact between the FRP system and pipe by providing a clean, smooth, and circumferential surface. Surface prepara-tion shall be in accordance with SSPC-SP1 “Solvent Cleaning” and SSPC-SP11 “Power Tool Cleaning” with a 1-3 mil surface roughness (25-75 microns) minimum. If existing coating is present, roughen to degloss. NRI’s composite repair systems are bond-critical and require a strong adhesive bond between the clean pipe and the composite system.
Installation of the Syntho-Glass XT System shall be performed by NRI qualified applicators only. Surface preparation, mixing of epoxy, and installation of the system are to be in accord-ance with NRI’s Syntho-Glass XT Installation Guide, latest revision. Quality control inspection during and after installation of the Syntho-Glass XT system shall be performed per NRI’s Installation Validation Procedure: Quality Control Records, latest revision.
Store in original, unopened packaging, indoors at a max temp of 95°F (35°C).