Syntho-Poxy™ HC is a two part epoxy compound that cures quickly at ambient temperature. Its high compressive strength and superior bond strength make it very suitable for repairing pitted metal and steel surfaces that are subjected to high pressure.
- Any metal surface defect containing pits, voids, corrosion, etc.
- Used with Syntho-Glass®XT, Thermo-Wrap™CF and Viper-Skin™ repair systems
- In immersion or, below- and above-grade
- Effectively transfers load from the pipe to the repair system
- High bond strength reduces possibility of leaking under the repair
- Available in cartridge form for uniform mixing and consistent applications
||Syntho-Poxy HC 50ml Cartridge/ Nozzle
||Syntho-Poxy HC 200ml Cartridge/ Nozzle
||Syntho-Poxy HC 400ml Cartridge/ Nozzle
||Syntho-Poxy 1/2 Pint kit
||Syntho-Poxy 1 Pint kit
||Syntho-Poxy 1 Quart kit
Surface preparation and profiling shall promote continuous intimate contact between the CFRP system and pipe by providing a clean, smooth, and circumferential surface. Surface preparation shall be in accordance with SSPC-SP1 “Solvent Cleaning” and SSPC-SP10 / NACE 2 “Near White Blast Cleaning” 1-3 mil surface roughness (25-75 microns). If an exist-ing coating is present, roughen to degloss. The composite repair system is a bond -critical composite repair system requiring a strong adhesive bond between the clean pipe and the composite system.
Installation of the composite System shall be performed by NRI qualified applicators only. Surface preparation, mixing of epoxy, and installation of the system are to be in accordance with NRI’s composite Installation Guide, latest revision. Quality control inspection during and after installation of the composite system shall be performed per NRI’s Installation Validation Procedure: Quality Control Records, latest revision
Store in a cool, shaded area at an ambient temperature of 35ºC.