Viper-Skin™ is the first bi-axial, hybrid carbon and glass fiber polyurethane pre-impregnated system that blends the unsurpassed strength and stiffness of carbon with the ease and use of a moisture-cured, factory-saturated fiber.
- Transmission and distribution pipelines
- Oil and gas risers
- Mechanical dents and defects
- Girth welds on vessels and pipelines
- Process piping: chemicals, oil, gases, water and steam
- Moisture-cured polyurethane resin reduces composite preparation time by over 50%
- Factory-saturation optimizes fiber to resin ration and provides a material with a constant strength property
- Can be applied to damp, sweating, or immersed surfaces
- No heating or post-curing required
- Can be applied to any geometry including, but not limited to elbows, Tees, and flanges
- Design conforms to ASME PCC-2, ASME B31, ISO TS24817, DOT, API, and CSA Z662 standards for nonmetallic reinforcing solutions
Mixing and mix ratio:
No mixing required.
30 minutes @ 75˚F (24˚C), less at higher temperatures
Application temperature: minimum of -18˚C and maximum of 90˚C.
Surface preparation and profiling shall promote continuous intimate contact between the CFRP system and pipe by providing a clean, smooth, and circumferential surface. Surface preparation shall be in accordance with SSPC-SP1 “Solvent Cleaning” and SSPC-SP10 / NACE 2 “Near White Blast Cleaning” 1-3 mil surface roughness (25-75 microns). If an exist-ing coating is present, roughen to degloss. The Viper-Skin composite repair system is a bond -critical composite repair system requiring a strong adhesive bond between the clean pipe and the Viper-Skin system.
Installation of the Viper-Skin System shall be performed by NRI qualified applicators only. Surface preparation, mixing of epoxy, and installation of the system are to be in accordance with NRI’s Viper-Skin Installation Guide, latest revision. Quality control inspection during and after installation of the Viper-Skin system shall be performed per NRI’s Installation Validation Procedure: Quality Control Records, latest revision.
Cleanup and safety:
For proper information regarding the safe handling, storage, and disposal of chemical prod-ucts, users shall refer to the most recent SDS, latest revision, containing physical, ecologi-cal, toxicological, and other safety-related data.
Store in a cool, shaded area at an ambient temperature of 95ºF ( 30ºC).
Refer to individual data sheet for product packaging.